Can you benefit from speaking Arabic fluently? This is one of the oldest languages and represents a unique history and tradition. Today, it is an essential communications tool in many regions including the United Arab Emirates.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and ruler of Dubai, believed that the UAE will be a center of excellence for the Arabic language in the region. So, if you are an expat, living and working in the UAE, you might want to start looking at brushing up your language skills.
– Is the sixth most spoken language in the world
– Increases your social network
– Will allow appreciating and respecting others by sharing words in their mother tongue
– Enables you to communicate with the locals who are very loving and welcoming
– Speaking a language can bring people together
– Learning the language can be extremely useful in building strong and lasting relationships
– Can allow you to understand better Arabs mind frame
– Helps you understand the culture and heritage better and will make your visit a memorable one
Learning Emirati Arabic has transformed my life in the UAE, says Nico de Corato, founder of abudhabiblog.com. In an interview with Hanan Al Fardan, founder of Alramsa institute, Nico agrees that acquiring Arabic and gaining knowledge on Emirati culture can change your life; this is especially true for those residing in UAE where knowing a few general commonly used words in Emirati Arabic can always be helpful. (See: YouTube video on the interview)
A firm believer of the important of immersing yourself in the local culture through the power of language, Nico also edited a unique phrasebook for the Arabic dialect of the Emirates, Spoken Emirati, a dialectal variety of the Arabic language spoken in the United Arab Emirates, and an Italian version, Dialetto Emiratino, together with Hanan Al Fardan and Abdulla Al Kaabi, authors of the original English version.
How can you begin your learning journey? Many training centers offer comprehensive communication courses and language training to individuals and organizations to get you started. Here are some of the many options available:
Arabic Language Course in Dubai at Al Ramsa Institute.
– Offers face-to-face classes (Pick from personalized, private, semi-private, or group courses.) Alternatively, they offer live online classes.
– Provides audio books that make the most of learning Emirati Arabic even when not in class.
– Has many activities to learn Arabic through playing, attending grammar workshops, participating in free sessions, etc. (see: Upcoming events to know specifics)
For more info: Tel+971 52 668 39 55 or +971 4 338 4411; otherwise email email@example.com.
Arabic Language Course in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Online at Eton Institute.
– Delivers adult lessons through a classroom-based setting or via online.
– Has Arabic self-study courses.
– Devises tailor-made classes: One-on-one classes with a personal instructor.
– Option to book a private class for a small group of friends or colleagues.
– Offers kids and teens Arabic courses in small groups for ages 7-9, 10-12 and 13-16 years.
– Provides programs for beginners and those who want to take up advanced levels.
– Prepares learners for the Arabic Language Competency Test (ALCT).
Contact Eton Institute (Tel: 800 3866 or +971 4 4386 800 or via its website at https://etoninstitute.com/contact-us) to find info on courses.