Are you interested in starting a business in the UAE? If so, then here are some of the top business ideas and opportunities in 2018/2019. For many, the Emirates has been and will be a profitable and thriving business venture.
Because the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a business hub, it makes the country one of the topmost destinations for SMEs and investors to setup a company in one of the many free trade zones (FTZ) where the tax-free environment is ideal for new and emerging businesses. Free Zones are attractive for business activities in saving the investors’ time and effort by providing often turnkey business setup, packages and interesting perks.
For those planning to establish a business in the UAE, here are some profitable company formation business ideas and opportunities to consider, as suggested Virtuzone (vz.ae) which is an agency with set-up specialists in Dubai and the UAE:
- Construction –set up a company that manufactures or sells raw materials used in building and construction.
- Finance/Investing –setup a company that offers financial services to businesses in the UAE where there is a proportionately huge demand for professionals as accountants, bookkeepers, and auditors. As consultants, one might offer consulting services that range from budgeting to savings to investments.
- Transportation –setup a company that offers transportation—be it as a local taxi, shuttle and/or limo service, if not consider being a ride-hailing start-up.
- Logistics service provider – setup a company to be a provider that will handle domestic or international logistics and provide services that are customized and specialized to the needs of their customer.
- Retail (Food and Catering) – setup a company as food suppliers for restaurants or as catering for foreign people that reside in the UAE.
- Education – To setup a company that creates a wide range of vocational training programs – to enable anyone to complete a professionally oriented course of study –necessary to become qualified professionals in a variety of trades.
For other ideas, see here.
There are many free zones to start a business activity that basically offer unlimited business opportunities. Note: Your business activity needs to match the industry of that Free Zone.
Here are the Seven (7) Emirates of UAE with free zones that favor SMEs and offer an office, warehouse and land availability for a range of business activities:
- Abu Dhabi–Capital of UAE. (Al Ain is a part of Abu Dhabi) ADAFZ is strategically located within Abu Dhabi International Airport premises. This Zone has become a thriving business center that attracts and promotes private sector investments.
- Ajman – AFZ is located on the western coast of the UAE and has attracted various number of companies, offering competitive privileges and facilities that aim at strengthening the industry, trade and the financial sectors.
- Sharjah – SAIF-ZONE (Sharjah Airport International Free Zone) is placed in an area where some of the world’s most prestigious companies have been operating in the Middle East.
- Dubai – DAFZA is strategically located next to the Dubai International Airport that has become the gateway for a remarkable number of global investors seeking business opportunities in the Middle East region.
- Fujairah – FFZ is located in proximity to Fujairah Sea Port and Fujairah International Airport.
- Ras Al Khaimah – RAK FTZ is positioned in a strategic site that connects investors to growing markets of the Middle East, North Africa, Europe as well as South and Central Asia.
- Umm Al Quwain – UAQ FTZ is situated close to the UAE’s primary sea ports and within one hour’s drive of Dubai International Airport.
- Investor-friendly rules and regulations; advantageous set-up costs; and a No Share Capital Requirement
- 100% company ownership; !00% import and export tax exemption; and 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 0% corporate and personal tax; and zero currency restrictions
Note: Your type of business activity will determine the kind of license you’ll require: commercial, service, general trading, or industrial. Each free zone has its own regulations and approval formalities regarding the structure of a business.
Once the documents required to open a business are submitted, it’s a simple and fast registration process. For free zones, having a local contact can make the difference and assist you to setup and run your own business in the Emirates profitably. For more info, see: Company formation Dubai & UAE.